Tuesday, September 16, 2008

God will lift up your head

A few of my friends are wrestling with God right now. God often seems far from them. They lack joy in Him. I also deal with these emotions many times. But, I know the preaching to myself, instead of listening to myself, is the way to victory over these feelings. I find the following hymn to be an encouragement and great truth to preach to yourself when you find that the darkness is heavy in your life.
Give to the winds thy fears,
Hope and be undismayed.
God hears thy sighs and counts thy tears,
God shall lift up thy head.

Through waves and clouds and storms,
He gently clears thy way;
Wait thou His time; so shall this night
Soon end in joyous day.

Far, far above thy thought,
His counsel shall appear,
When fully He the work hath wrought,
That caused thy needless fear.

Leave to His sovereign sway
To choose and to command;
So shalt thou, wondering, own that way,
How wise, how strong this hand.
by Paul Gerhardt

1 comment:

  1. jars of clay has a cool version of this song...

    ReplyDelete