Monday, May 05, 2008

Hilton Head

I went to Hilton Head this past weekend for "Rooted", the Gathering retreat. I had never been to Hilton Head before, and my first experience was a pleasant one. It was very relaxing and I got to hang out with some great people. We had four different short sessions where a guy named Gary Purdy spoke. I really liked this guy a lot becuase I related with his story and he brought some great gospel centered truth. It was funny becuase some of the same stuff I had been thinking through last week (see Friday's post) was at the heart of his talks.

One quote has stuck with me that a professor told him one day about the secret to living the Christian life. He said to take a long enough look at your sin to be sorry for it...and then look to Jesus and how God sees you as He sees Jesus...righteous. And that's been my problem lately. I haven't been seeing a lot of my sin. But thankfully God answered my plea for help and revealed to me a ton of self-righteousness that I was embracing. So now, I can look again to the wonder of the gospel and the wonder that God has chosen me to be a part of His kingdom.

Now here are a couple of my favorite people from the weekend, for whom I am very thankful.

Jamie and IOur D-group minus Greg (we missed you buddy). Also, aren't our "Rooted" shirts cool (the dark one with the tree on it)? Thanks Roy and Kara.friend and future roomie, Scottfriends and drivers for the weekend, Caleb and Jackie. This was taken 100 miles east of Macon somewhere off I-16. They also got to feed goats, texas longhorns, geese, a llama, and an emu, somehow all cohabitating in the same pasture.

You can check out more pics here.

No comments:

Post a Comment