Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Holidays and Resolutions

I'm back. In the last 11 days I drove to Louisiana and back with the fam and flew out to San Diego to visit Dave and Allison. More to come on the San Diego trip in a few days. All the while I've been off work thanks to an amazing boss. It's been a great break.

In light of the New Year, Justin reminded me of some incredible resolutions written by Jonathan Edwards. There are 70 of them and he would read them once a week to keep his focus on God. Here's the first:
1. Resolved, that I will do whatsoever I think to be most to God' s glory, and my own good, profit and pleasure, in the whole of my duration, without any consideration of the time, whether now, or never so many myriads of ages hence. Resolved to do whatever I think to be my duty and most for the good and advantage of mankind in general. Resolved to do this, whatever difficulties I meet with, how many soever, and how great soever.

So, this is a reminder to me, and I hope to you, to not just cruise through life. Instead, it's important to search and figure out what is True, and pursue that with all we've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment