Saturday, August 11, 2007

Recent Calvinist surge

Mark Dever recently completed a series called "Where did all these Calvinists come from?". He was addressing the rise of Reformed theology among the younger generation. I thought it was interesting, especially because many of the reasons listed have been the major influences on me in my theology. Here's a quick list for those who don't want to read the articles. (I think these are addressed from oldest to youngest influence)

1. Charles Spurgeon
2. Martyn-Lloyd Jones
3. The Banner of Truth Trust
4. Evangelism Explosion
5. Inerrancy Controversy
6. Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
7. J.I. Packer
8. John MacArthur and R.C. Sproul
9. John Piper
10. The rise of secularism and the decline of Christian nominalism

No comments:

Post a Comment