Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hope in Chaos

I read something cool yesterday morning in Isaiah. To set it up, God had told Isaiah to walk around naked for three years a few chapters earlier to serve as a warning sign to a few countries because of the judgement that God was about to unleash on them. Then we get to chapter 24, where we get a picture of chaotic cities where anarchy reigns and where "the good times are gone forever." Pretty bleak stuff. But in verse 14, we get a glimpse of hope:
"But there are some who will break into glad song. Out of the west they'll shout of God's majesty. Yes, from the east God's glory will ascend. Every island of the sea will broadcast God's fame, the fame of the God of Israel. From the four winds and the seven seas we hear the singing: 'All praise to the Righteous One!'"
Among the chaos of this life, God's people will be able to see God for who He is and be able to rejoice in Him. That gives me encouragement. That means ultimately I won't be sucked in and overcome by the lies of this world, but will be able to rise above them and see God. And I can do all this because of Christ who came down in this chaotic world and overcame it.

Finally, a word from Mute Math
It’s hard to trust anyone again
After all the let downs I’ve been through
Haunted by what I’ve been through
Air still trapped while I still can't breathe
And I’m screaming out, give me hope somehow

I know you stay true when my world is false
Everything around's breaking down my chaos
I always see you when my sight is lost
Everything around's breaking down my chaos

No comments:

Post a Comment