Tuesday, November 20, 2007

John Piper and Thanksgiving

For those of you who don't know that I'm a big fan of John Piper...you're a little out of the loop. For about 5 years now I've been blessed to be able to learn from him and his teaching, delivered to me via DG's website. I've listened to most every one of his sermons from the last 10 years, including a 8 year trek through the book of Romans. This has happened mostly via my Ipod to and from work.

The above picture encapsulates well why I very much appreciate him and his teaching. It has been through his teaching that I have been helped to look to Christ and to know His great love for me. John explains the Word with such passion and insight, through such great humility. He continues to help me see God more clearly and vividly. He excites within me the desire to know God more fully. His love for the Word, God's sovereignty, reformed doctrine, and most especially the gospel has radically shaped me in who I am, and what I believe, today. Most of what God has done in my life spiritually in the last several years, he has used him.

Please don't misunderstand me. I don't worship him. Instead, God has used him to help me worship Christ more fully and deeply. And as Thanksgiving is coming up, I'll leave with you two of his best sermons surrounding Thanksgiving. Enjoy. And let your heart rejoice this week as you consider all that God in Christ has done for you.
Thankful for the Love of God. Why?.

Thank God for the Mercies of Christ.

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful for my roomie.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:12 AM

    You write very well.

    ReplyDelete