Thursday, March 15, 2007

My life lately

Two weeks ago now, my good buddy Evan McHugh had a CD release party at Eddie's Attic that was off the chain (I think that's good). There was a near sell out crowd for he and another good friend Garrett Moore, who opened up for him. Also, pictured with Evan to the left, Nicholas Alan performed on a song. All of these guys have or are finishing up great albums and all have great potential to have an impact in the music industry. I'm thankful to have known these guys, and to know I'll get to see them as they go furthur down the road musically.

Speaking of Nick, we celebrated his 26th birthday last Friday. He's the one who has the big furball on his head. And you might notice, all three of us have old sport jackets on. We actually were going out after the party to read parts for the new Miami Vice movie. They decided to cut us because we looked too GOOD. Wow...that was wierd...moving on.

I've been very encouraged as of late in thinking about prayer. It's a really wierd thing that the Sovereign Creator God of the Universe desires to have this communication with me, and you. That I can somehow take part in the great work that He is already doing here is quite an incredible thought. He's in the business of spreading His kingdom and His glory, and I have the privilege of taking hold of Him to do it.

I love the whole book of Hebrews as it expounds upon the idea that Jesus Christ is our great high priest who is constantly interceding for us. We no longer have to go through anyone to speak to God. Because of Christ's sacrifice we can now come boldly to the throne of grace in our time of NEED. When we feel like crap, He hears our cry and answers us. So, we get constant interaction with the God who is orchestrating the redemption of the world, and He's gets the glory from our asking. I think that's a pretty good deal.

I'll leave you with a picture and a thought. Below is my friend Bailey who is at L'Abri in Switzerland. This is just some cool lookin' lake. Basically, I'm jealous of him. And here's a quote from John Bunyan that is really simple, yet very profound. Muse over it and be thankful.

"Run John run", the law demands;
And gives us neither feet nor hands.
Far better news the gospel brings:
It bids us fly, and gives us wings.