Wednesday, February 21, 2007

O Canada

Well, I'm back from a week long skiing adventure in Whistler, Canada. For the most part it was a great trip. The first day of skiing was a little rough as it rained most of the day, sleeted and hailed some in the afternoon, and gusted 50 mph winds at the end of the day. But the conditions got better the next few days, like skiing in knee deep powder...oh so good.
Along with my gracious family, I went with my buddy Zach who is working right now with a ministry in Branson, Missouri called Doulos. We had a fun time talking to a lot of the locals there. "No worries" is a common expression when you are saying goodbye. Also, saying "right" after every sentence is also very popular.

I think for me, these trips to the tops of the peaks make me appreciate more than most other places the beauty of creation. These massive rocks covered in snow seem to point out a small fraction of how beautiful and mighty our Creator is.

"For behold, he who forms the mountains and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought, who makes the morning darkness, and treads on the heights of the earth--the LORD, the God of hosts, is his name!" - Amos 4:13

4 comments:

  1. After seeing those mountains, it is evident that I have never truly been skiiing. Wow.

    Also, did Zach convert or what? Give that man a razor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is that crazy caveman next to you? Zach? His face in the middle section looks like a Zach I used to know. He was actually not a caveman though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for posting the pics buddy. that's truly awesome. and now i am truly kicking myself for never skiing when i was out there. idiot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hayden - yeah, those were my first thoughts too about Zach
    Prusa - I don't know if you can tell in the picture, but is head hair is actually red. Needless to say he looks quite different than the old days.
    G - Don't kick yourself too hard. I'll have to follow you up to the WV sometime and we can kick it somewhere.

    ReplyDelete