Monday, June 21, 2010

Mumford & Sons

I've been listening to a lot of Mumford & Sons lately. Their album Sigh No More is really, really good. They are a London based band that has an Americana/Folk sound. Their songs almost all start softly and then become really intense, in a very captivating way. And their lyrics are incredibly thoughtful. For instance, here are a few lines from the first song and title track Sigh No More:
Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you,
It will set you free.
Be more like the man you were made to be.

There is a design, an alignment to cry,
At my heart you see,
The beauty of love as it was made to be.
And here's the video for one of my favorite songs, The Cave:

Finally, here are some lyrics from the final song on the album, a song called After the Storm (video here):
I will die alone and be left there.
Well I guess I'll just go home,
Oh God knows where.
Because death is just so full and mine so small.
Well I'm scared of what's behind and what's before.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

2 comments:

  1. ha. i just got obsessed w/ them last week and listened to them every day at work... and that's prob my fav song, too!! love it. good taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete