Sunday, July 22, 2007

20 years later...

I went to Louisiana this past weekend, for the purpose of seeing a good friend get married. I stayed both nights in the town I grew up in, West Monroe. This friend, Adam, and I met 20 years ago, when were 5. We went on to become best friends throughout elementary school. When we were both in 5th grade, our parents' jobs took us away from WM, but we managed to stay in touch a good bit, though we were 500 miles from each other.

I guess I'm writing this because I'm thankful. I'm thankful for friendships such as these that are rooted so deep that distance doesn't really matter in the long run. It's an encouraging reminder, because within the last year, good friends have moved to San Diego, Puerto Rico, China, and Los Angeles. I hope that these thoughts move you to be thankful for your deeper friendships as well.

Here are some of the pictures throughout the years. (Notice I'm always on the left for some reason)
13 years ago
6 years ago
A year and a half ago in Colorado
At the wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment